Tuesday 31 December 2013

London Marathon 2014: The countdown begins...

So yesterday was the first run on the marathon training plan…ekkk the countdown has officially started for the Virgin Money London Marathon 2014!




It was an easy 4 miles with a goal finish time of 38 mins. I chose a fairly hilly course as I want to include lots of hill work in this training cycle. In all honesty I wasn’t paying any attention to pace or time during the run and hadn't worked out a target pace. So I was surprised to have finished so on target in 38.01.



The 15 week countdown is now underway I’m really excited about this training schedule and the best part is my training plan includes Parkrun every Saturday.

I'm running for Breakthrough Breast Cancer and am also getting into my fundraising which I think helps me feel organised and prepared.

Last April I ran the Paris Marathon and being a total novice didn’t really follow a training plan (rookie mistake) so often lacked enthusiasm and didn’t really know what I was doing. This time round I feel much more prepared and confident and am actually looking forward to it.


What races are you training for? Have you ran the London Marathon before?




No comments:

Post a Comment