Friday 3 January 2014

2013 Review & 2014 Goals

I’ve seen a few people do this so thought I would jump on the bandwagon.

It’s actually a great way to reflect as I wasn’t aware quiet how much I had achieved in 2013. It’s also a great way for you guys to get to know me and my running history.

In total I ran 632.2 miles, set 4 PB’s and ran my first marathon in 2013! I also encouraged my boyfriend to take up running and he will also be doing the London Marathon next year. I made lots of new running friends. I ran along the beach most days whilst on holiday in Mexico and for the first time ran through the streets of London.

I’d say 2013 was pretty good running year for me. It was the year I cranked it up and started entering races and achieving my goals.

I also discovered and fell in love with Parkrun – which if you haven’t heard of it is a free 5k timed run every Saturday at 9am. They take place all over the country and are free adults and children of all abilities. They text/email you your results the same day and keep track of your PB’s. For further info and to sign up visit their website here



Here’s the breakdown –

January37.6
February113
March56.7
April 26.2
May 33.8
June31.9
July 19.3
August44.8
September 92.7
October77.4
November53.8
December   45
Total632.2
1km 4.2
1 mile 7.4
5km 24.57
Marathon4.4




Although a massive achievement I am disappointed with my marathon time. I was hit with a knee injury just before the race which meant I couldn’t even run a mile for the 3 weeks leading up to the race and gave me some issues on the day. This year I hope to get closer to the 4 hour mark **Fingers crossed**

Goals for 2014 other than get closer to the 4 hour mark in the marathon I don’t really have any to be honest.

I would like to get my half marathon PB below 1.50 (currently 1.53) and complete Parkrun in 22mins. But for the start of the year the marathon is my main goal so I’m not going to get too hung up on reaching these goals until after April. Not because I think I can’t do them whilst training for a marathon but because I don’t want to be at the starting line of the marathon having doubts about my ability because I haven’t reached these goals.


What were your biggest achievements in 2013? What are your goals for 2014? What do you use to record your mileage?



Twitter:@roadrunnertales    Instagram:roadrunnertales

No comments:

Post a Comment