Friday 7 March 2014

Fingers Crossed


Fingers crossed the ankle is on the mend (as I write this I am not convinced but I did have an injury free week so I'm taking that as a good sign).

I was a little disappointed about skipping the Bath Half mainly because I really wanted to do it. I knew I couldn't risk it with the ankle though. But from Instagram and Twitter I saw so many updates from those who took part in the Bath Half, Silverstone Half and Reading Half all on the same day, that I could help but feel like I missed out. Next year...



This week has been pretty good running wise though. No problems with the ankle but I am taking it steady. Tuesday I did 6 miles, which I thought I would love as I was back running again. In reality I was worried about going too far from home in case the ankle played up 3 miles away and I had to hobble home. So I ended up doing laps of the park opposite my house. I do return to Bodypump in the evening though after a week off.



Wednesday I was back with my weekly running group which was great. We did 3.8 steady miles. Again with no ankle issues.

Thursday was an am treadmill interval session in the gym. Was meant to be 6 miles but cut it to 5.5 to get in some ab work after. I then returned in the evening for a Body Pump class. Felt so good to be back with my normal routine. I'm trying really hard at the moment to incorporate abs, core work and stretching as much as possible. My legs feel really tight at the moment which is slightly worrying.



My ankle does feel sore today, I don't know if maybe I over did it yesterday or because I haven't iced it for a few days maybe? But I am going to ice it tonight and avoid Parkrun tomorrow - the temptation would be to push too hard. Instead I will do to 3 miles in the gym and then some abs and pray for a good long run on Sunday.

My new trainers arrived today, well they are the same as my old trainers, Nike LunarEclipse2+. They are actually the 2012 design - I think the current model is the LunarEclipse4. But I really like them and as they are the old design they were reduced :-) I have the LunarEclipse3 but the arch feels too high on my right foot and I think might have caused my ankle problems (I wore them for Bramley) so I have gone back to the 2's recently but they have over 400 miles of wear in them and should have been thrown away a long time ago. I might be clutching at straws but hopefully they will prevent any further ankle problems. Fingers crossed...


No comments:

Post a Comment